Money in the Bank 2014


Although I will put my hands up and say I wasn't convinced a MITB PPV would work as I loved the match at Wrestlemania.  I have however grew to love the PPV now and this year's event was a little different as one of the ladder matches would crown a new WWE Champion.  This was due to Daniel Bryan being forced to vacate the title due to injury and the subsequent operation he had to have.   Also there would be a MITB contract match so the winner would have the obligatory year to 'cash it in' and usually become Champion although Cena and Sandow have failed in recent years.

Also on the card, The Uso's defended their tag team gold against Harper and Rowan.  Naomi took on Paige for her Divas title, Big E fought Rusev and The Rhodes Brothers fought Curtis Axel and Ryback.  I am really beginning to love Cody's Stardust character, he's playing it a little Joker'esque which I find highly entertaining.  Poor old Damien Sandow continued to look like a fool to the one joke character of Adam Rose who I actually began to really like but now he's getting on my nerves, I much perferred the Leo Kruger persona.  The 'bathroom break' match was Summer Rae against Layla with Fandango as referee, which I found riveting for all of five seconds.

MITB was in my opinion, a fine PPV.  The Championship ladder match was pretty good if the outcome was entirely predictable.  The contract match was excellent and showed that Rollins and Ambrose can be more than capable of helping lead the company for the next generation.

The extras are plentiful even on the DVD with Daniel Bryan's kick off interview and MITB classic moments.  Blu-ray owners do well with extra matches and the segment when Batista quits Evolution to obviously go off and promote Guardians of the Galaxy.

  • Starring Stardust  Goldust  Damien Sandow  Jack Swagger  Roman Reigns
  • Distributor WWE / Fremantle